Happy 4th, friends! This week I am escaping the suppressing desert heat and am heading to Scandinavia for two weeks with my family. I can’t wait to wear a jacket in Iceland, where it will be in the 40s and 50s! (YESSSSS!!!)
We haven’t done a style post around here for a while, so I thought I’d share some of my favorite latest finds! These are my best, most-asked-about purchases and I hope you find something to love as much as I do!
1. Chambray Jumper – I am a chambray junkie. Most days, you’ll find me in a Canadian tuxedo, or a chambray shift dress. This jumpsuit is SUPER flattering and has the sweetest button details on the front and back. I get compliments every time I wear it!
2. Straw Bag – I’m sure you’ve notice the circle purse trend and this one is a great size and it’s affordable enough to feel fine about carrying it only in the warmer months. I have the black one and I love that it’s a little more understated, but still playful.
3. T-shirt Ruffle Top – YOU NEED THIS TOP!!! It is lightweight but not sheer and super, insanely flattering. If you don’t believe me, read the reviews!
4. I haven’t worn this sweatshirt yet (bc 115 degrees!) but I bought it for our trip and I can’t wait to layer it with my favorite chambray shirt (see below) and my military jacket.
5. and 6. – I love New Balance vintage style tennies, but this 220 style is sooooo much better than the other pairs I’ve bought over the years. It’s a slimmer and somehow more comfortable fit. My feet don’t look clunky in these and they comfortable and cute enough to wear to long install days (or long museum days! yay!).
7. – The cuuuuutest summer hat to wear with a simple black swim suit! (I included a few of my favorite affordable suits below!)
8. – I love linen dresses in the summer! This one gets a lot of compliments. I put a few stitches in to bring up the neckline a little and it was a super easy at-home alteration to make this beautiful dress work better for me.
9. Cropped wideleg pants and jeans are pretty universally flattering – I think even on shorter people, though especially on taller girls like me (I’m 5’7″). These were very likely inspired by the $400 Jessica Kamm pants everyone in the world is obsessed with. I love the black, but also really love the blue, white and the yellow!
10. I have these sandals in every color and they have been sold out for a while now, but they’re getting restocked this week and Madewell is taking pre-orders! I love these so much, I’m thinking of buying replacement pairs for next summer.
11. I’ve been trying to wear hats more when I’m outside because I’ve been getting some pretty bad sun spots on my face the past few years. My dermatologist did a laser treatment on my face last year (or was it two years ago?) and it worked great, but they’re getting dark again this summer and I’m trying to avoid them getting worse. Cute hats like the straw one above and this simple and perfect ball cap have been lifesavers!
12. I got a million messages about this pink striped top when I wore it for the photo up top! It’s light and breezy and has the perfect sleeve length! I bought one in pink and one in blue stripe! LOVE!
13. I love wearing dresses in the summer! This black eyelet dress is summer perfection, especially with my simple Madewell sandals above!
14. This is my favorite chambray shirt! The double pocket versions are not so flattering on me, but the single pocket is just right! This top looks great tucked in with skirts, and white, black or darker denim.
15 . This black and white check top is the perfect summer weight! It’s super thin so it doesn’t feel hot and the sleeves roll up perfectly! I have it in the blue and red plaid too and I’ll probably wear it for our 4th of July celebration with white cutoffs.
16. These are the earrings I have been wearing practically non-stop for the last two or three months. I’m obsessed with the color, weight and simplicity of the brass hoop design. They are my favorite.
Yellow Swimsuit // Stripe Swimsuit // Blue Ruffle Swimsuit // Black Swimsuit
I hit the JACKPOT when I discovered this crazy affordable swim suit retailer! I love that they post reviews, so I can get the real scoop on how regular people (not models) look and feel in these $20-30 suits. These are the ones I have and love and they together cost less than the single suit I had been eyeing at Nordstrom. Score!
1. Rosehip Oil – A lot of beauty and lifestyle bloggers have been singing the praises of Rosehip Oil lately, so I gave this large $15 bottle a try. I’ve been using it for about two months now and I think my skin has never looked better (and I’m only about a third of the way through the bottle – what a great value!).
Here’s my nightly routine – After I wash off my makeup, I exfoliate with a scrub by ZO I got at my dermatologist (though I really like this one too, and it’s much more affordable), then I apply the $20 Retinol serum I listed here below and once the serum has soaked in, I slather this Rosehip oil all over my face. I finish up with a small amount of the eye cream below and a healthy swipe of everyone’s favorite grapefruit lip mask! And that’s it. Only takes me about three minutes, but has made the hugest difference. The Rosehip oil has antibacterial properties, so I’ve noticed I’ve had almost no break outs this summer, which is usually when my combination skin struggles! Between the Rosehip oil and my new favorite highlighter, I feel like my skin is looking younger and dewier than it has in years.
2. Brow Plumper – I had my eyebrows microbladed two years ago and its pretty much worn off by now. I discovered this super inexpensive tinted brow gel at CVS a few months ago when I noticed my brows were starting to fade and I’ve been hooked ever since – so much so that I don’t think I’ll go back for another round of microblading. (PS I splurged on Glossier’s Boy Brow a while back – and this one is SO much better and cheaper!)
3. Eye Cream – We’re all about high-low mixing here at Juniper, because we know some products are absolutely worth their weight in gold. I bought this $60 cream after Kayti raved about it in her stories, and I’m a converted believer now too! Yes, it’s pricey, and yes, the jar is on the small side, but I’m pretty sure this little jar will last me a year, if not more. The tiiiiiiiniest little swipe of your finger goes so far with this amazing, buttery smooth product! Every day I feel like my tired eyes are looking less tired! And my eye makeup is not creasing in the same way it used to after a long day, which feels like the true test, right?
4. Retinol Serum – See #1 above for my nightly face wash routine! This $20 product rivals the waaaaaaay more expensive Retinol creams I’ve bought at my derm.
Santal Candle – Every single candle in this collection (that’s all on clearance right now!) smells divine! I’m stocking up for the studio and to have on hand for quick hostess gifts!
“The Keto Reset Diet” Book – Ahhhh, Keto. SO MUCH TO SAY HERE. I think I may need to do an entire blog post about my experience with Keto. The short version is I did Keto earlier this year and lost 15 pounds in four weeks. I went on spring break and off Keto and have been able to keep the weight off since, all while eating normal. The honest truth is I have tried almost every diet on the planet the last ten years, trying to drop the 25 pounds that creeped up on me while having my babies. I’m getting ready to start another month round to hopefully lose those last 10 pounds. I read this book before starting my first Keto journey and I can’t recommend it enough if you and your doctor feel like Keto might be a good fit for you. (Also these ketosis test strips helped me stay on track!). Have you tried the Keto diet? Would you like to see a more in-depth post from me about my experience and tips?
Camera Strap – This is a pretty random board in our round up here, isn’t it? We’re swinging wildly from Keto to camera straps, but I got this $12 strap on Amazon and I LOVE IT! I couldn’t not share in case you’ve been going strapless like I have for years.
Ray Ban Aviators – These are the sunnies that all of you message me about when I wear them in my stories! They are the perfect update to classic Rayban Aviators. Sort of like if Aviators and Wayfarers had a baby? They’re my favorite, for sure.
HAPPY SUMMER SHOPPING, FRIENDS!! xo
The post Summer Style appeared first on Little Green Notebook.